2006 Schedule & Results
Honors & Awards
Meet the Coaches
2005 Schedule & Results
Honors & Awards
Meet the Coaches
E-mail corrections or suggestions
Buxmont Volleyball Club
PA Volleyball Coaches Assoc.
CB School Homepage
Hempfield HS Homepage
- The Boys had their Banquet
There was a lot of Volleyball (what else) at the Banquet, along with
plenty of food and yaking. Awards were given out to all the deserving
Players. Some of the Team is playing at the Souderton Lawn League this summer.
- West gave it a good try against Souderton
West looked better at
Souderton The scores were 15-25, 21-25, 16-25. JV lost also 14-25,
25-11, 11-15 The next match is Home against CB South on
Tuesday April 25.
- West had their problems at the Quakertown Tournament
West couldn't put anything to gether at the
Quakertown Tournament. They Played Bensalem(20-25, 18-25), Liberty(17-25, 14-25), Souderton(12-25,
13-25) and Lower Merion(11-25, 21-25) Next match is at Souderton on April
- West looks bad against Cheltenham!
West took it on the chin at Cheltenham losing in
3 (15-25, 24-26, 24-26). JV keeps it's winning ways
(25-21, 25-16). Varsity has a Tournament at Quakertown on Saturday April
- West can get passed Council Rock South
West couldn't handle
the serves by
Council Rock South, opportunities to hit the ball was a
problem as a result. (19-25, 11-25, 21-25). The JV had
one of their tougher matches but still won in
3. (25-20, 23-25, 15-9). Next match is at Cheltenham on April
- West hangs tough with William Tennent
West wasn't able to quite keep up ith William Tennent losing
in 4 (25-23, 20-25, 21-25, 17-25). The JV got off
to a slow start then won convincingly (24-26, 25-12,
15-8). Next Match is at home against Council Rock South on April
- West toughs it out against Haverford
West has had 5
wins against Haverford
in tournament play, but took 5 games to win the
match against Haverford this time. The scores were 25-21, 25-15,
21-25, 18-25, 15-10. JV handled their match easily 25-18,
25-12. Next match is at home against William Tennent on April
- West handles Upper Dublin
West wasn't quite as
impressive against Upper Dublin, but wins anyway in 3. Colin
Parker was a real killing machine. Scores were 25-12, 25-23,
25-15. JV has to work for their victory 25-23, 27-29,
15-9. Next game is a non league game at home against
- West wins easily over CB East
Bolstein, Eiser, Parker
combine for 30 kills against CB East, easily handling the cross town
rival. Scores were 25-18, 25-13, 25-23. JV also won 25-23,
25-12. Next game is at Upper Dublin at 3:30pm.
- West gets derailed by Quakertown
West couldn't do anything
right and gets mowed down by Quakertown in 3. The scores were
23-25, 15-25, 20-25. JV doesn't much better (11-25, 25-14, 9-15). Next match
is at CB East on Wednesday (Directions).
- West gets Third at the Christopher Dock Tournament
through pool play with ease beating CB East (25-17, 25-19, 25-18),
Pennridge (18-25, 26-24, 25-21), and Haverford (28-26, 25-17, 25-21) to
gain the second seed in the playoffs. They met a very spirited
Council Rock South team and lost (17-25, 21-25). The next match is
Monday at Home against Quakertown.
- West had their chances against CB South
West had their chances
in all the games. Each game they had a 5 or 6 point lapse that let CB South in
each of the games. The scores 19-25, 22-25, 25-22, 21-25. JV did much better
winning 25-15, 25-20. Christopher Dock Tournament is next on Saturday 4/1.(Directions).
- West plays tough against Souderton
West played an inspired match against #11 Souderton. Game 1 saw West keep even until middle of the match.
The second game had some errors, but the third game had west hanging tough. Scores were 17-25, 13-25, 20-25.
JV had better luck winning their match 2-1 Scores were 13-25, 25-7, 15-11.
Next Match is away against CB South on Thursday 3/30(Directions).
- West squeezes by Cheltenham
West made victory over Cheltenham look hard. The first game they had a big lead, which they squandered.
In the second game they just stayed ahead, but the third game they were behind most of the game until
they put on an end of game rally to win 3-0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-22). JV did the same having to come from
behind for victories they won (25-21, 25-20). Next Match is home against Souderton on Tuesday 3/28.
- Varsity finishes 2nd in the silver bracket
West lost to Central Dauphin (15-25,15-25), won 2 from Harriton (25-11,25-16)
and lost 2 to Christopher Dock (21-25, 12-25). This put them in the silver bracket.
The silver bracket consisted of 6 teams. Each team played one game against each opponent.
The team with the most wins is champion. West went 5-1. They beat Glen Mills 25-20,
Abington 25-15, Harriton 25-19, Haverford 25-23, lost to Clifton 18-25.
This wound up with a 3 way tie between West, Haverford, and Clifton.
West beat Haverford again 15-11, but lost again to Clifton 10-15.
To wind up 2nd. Next Match is home against Cheltenham on Monday 3/27.
- JV finishes 4th at the Council Rock South Tournament
West Split with Quakertown,
won 2 from Abington, and lost 2 heart-breakers from Council Rock
South in pool play. In the playoffs they lost to Quakertown in the
semi-finals and lost to Abington in the consolation game to finish
- West has a tune-up against Abington
Both JV and Varsity handle
Abington in their 2006 debut. They looked rusty but had the
fundementals. Both won 3-0. JV has a tournament at Council Rock South on
3/24 and Varsity has a tournament at Haverford High School on
- Time For the Boys to make some waves
It is that time of the year again, Boys Volleyball is upon us. The CB West Boys tryouts are slated for of March 6th & 7th. There are some workouts and open gyms scheduled to get everyone interested warmed up prior to the tryouts.
- The Plymouth Whitemarsh Tournament. The Lady Bucks came out 1st in their pool but lost in straight games to
St. Basil in the playoffs.
- The Lady Bucks dug deep for an exciting showdown with Upper Dublin. CB West's Vicki
Hellerick started serve in the last game at 6-14 and pounded out 10
serves in a row to win 16-14 . Molly MacMillan had 18 kills, Katie Welsh
12 kills and 5 aces. 18-25, 25-17, 22-25, 25-17, 16-14.
- The Lady Bucks were no match for league leader Upper Merion after a grueling 2
weeks of match play. Molly MacMillan had nine kills while Katie Welsh
finished with six kills and 12 digs. 15-25, 18-25, 13-25.
- The Bucks again lost a tough match against Nehaminy 2-3. Vicki Hellerick had eight kills
and 14 digs, while Julia Cooper had 12 digs. 25-22, 19-25, 25-20, 14-25,
- The Quakertown Tornament. West had a disappointing day coming in 4th out of 5 teams in their pool.
- Bucks lost a tough match 2-3. 17-25, 25-23, 18-25, 25-10, 12-15 against William Tennent.
- Bucks lost against Quakertown 1-3. 24-26, 25-21, 13-25, 17-25.
- Aces from Chelsea Berg finished off the second and third games for West.
Katie Welsh had 12 kills and 4 aces as the Bucks won against Plymouth Whitemarh 25-17,29-27,25-21.
- The Bucks first SOL win as it swept Cheltenham in three games 25-15,
25-2, 25-12. Rachael Sherican served 11 aces and Rachael Lavin served 3
- Julia Cooper had 12 digs, Molly MacMillan 15 kills, Rachael
Sheridan 33 assists for a Bucks 3-1 win over the CB South Titans. 25-18, 12-25,
- The girls were blanked by Upper Merion. (Scores were 14-25,
- The girls started the regular season by beating
Lansdale Catholic 3 games to 1 (Scores were 25-20,
25-21, 24-26, 25-22). Next game is Home(At CB South) against Upper Merion.
- The girls scrimmaged against both CB
East(22-25,17-25,15-11) and CB South(25-20, 21-25, 14-16). In both cases winning one and losing two.
- Switch to Cover the Girls 2005 season
Well it is time for the Ladies to shine once again. They have had the tryouts and have started the practices. The Pre-season trimatch scrimmage is scheduled for Tuesday 8/23/2004 at Academy Park HS. (Directions)